Remounted the opener. The board that was holding it cracked, so I used a 2×8 instead:
Last weekend, we got the rafters added along with some supporting boards:
Note in the above picture, there are some boards that needed to be trimmed that extended below the rafter. Here they are trimmed:
I still need to add rafter boards at the front and back of the front half before I can insulate and drywall. The front of the garage has some wires for the garage opener which needs to be re-located.
Think I have figured out my garage door closing problem. Towards the bottom when closing, the door sides from side-to-side and sometimes stops the opener. Well, my garage opening walls are not straight up and down, but the opener is – see pics:
I also measured the distance between the rails in the middle and bottom and they are off by at least an inch. So after dry-walling, I can work on the door as time permits. Might have to get some help with that! The goal for this next week is to get the ceiling insulated and dry-walled for the front half!
I have to figure out how I am going to put the 2x4x14’s in the front half because of the garage opener:
One thought is to create a box above the opener to put the drywall. Another thought is to put the boards above, but I have the gas line and wires to worry about:
Need to decide by this weekend.
Finished the back half of the garage tonight:
There is one piece of drywall to do, but that will be after I tear down the workbench on the front half that is right beside it. Tomorrow I will clear out the front half so I can prep for doing the roof.
Only had a couple of hours tonight to work on the garage. Got a couple sheets of drywall cut and hung:
Tomorrow I will hang the remainder of the drywall on the back half of the garage before moving stuff from the front of the garage to the back so I can begin working on the front of the garage.
After work, I cut some insulation and hung it from the walls. Also covered with plastic:
Have an appointment after work today, but by the end-of-the-day tomorrow, should have drywall on these two sections of the walls. Not sure how much will get done on Tue.
Made some progress:
Pretty much half of the garage is done. My help has left, so the rest is mostly up to me to finish myself. We did decide to install an air conditioner in the garage. Will post more as I work on it.
Wednesdays Progress – Got some drywall on the walls.
Tuesday – Got insulation and plastic done. Also an old window replaced with a new one:
Borrowed a friend’s drywall-lift which is making the job so much easier! Also used it to lift the heater up to the roof so we could mount it! Also got some insulating done and plastic up to cover the insulation. Have to move things from one spot to the next because I have so much in my garage!!!
Sunday – measured and re-measured to get the position of the boards correct to angle the heater ‘just-right’! Wanted the heater to go from one corner to the opposite corner.