Bought a 70 Pint Dehumidifier for the garage. Had it in about a week now and is keeping the garage within 45%-50% humidity!
Got some more body work done:
Patch panel ready for some primer to hold it over until Spring:
Fabricated a piece to hold a plug I patched:
Clamped it to the firewall bracket:
View from inside ready for patch piece:
Clean the metal for welding:
Place the fabricated plug in to but-weld:
Fabricate another piece for a lap weld:
First pass at welding:
A little grinding:
Lap weld other piece in:
Grind the welds down:
The piece is not flush with the car, so I decided to fill it in with more welds:
More grinding shows some more welding was required:
View from other side:Treated the metal with Eastwood Metal Prep – will shoot some primer this next week. Bought a dehumidifier for the garage which should help.
Did a little in the garage tonight. Decided to go with a lap weld for the drivers side hole. The firewall bracket is on the opposite side, so I can’t get a copper backing behind it to help with welding it. So today, I sanded it down and sprayed some weld-thru primer on it (after cleaning the metal). Still need to cut and form the piece to cover it and weld it in.
Had to sand part of it with sandpaper manually as the disc couldn’t access some of the curves easily: