Went to a party today to watch the Daytona 500. It was at the persons house where I am buying the engine from. It is a 454 block de-stroked to a 427 which is better for street racing. In a couple of weeks or so, will be going over to finish the engine build stand (if I haven’t finished by then) so we can start it up before finalizing the deal. But this is the engine that I intend to put in the Camaro – I may dress it up a little more with Chrome parts.:
No progress this weekend. Hope to get some more done this next week / next weekend.
Got some more pieces cut tonight:
Still need to cut these with the Chop Saw:
Got a little more unexpected time in the garage tonight. Got some more pieces cut. I can only take so much standing and cutting in a day!
Here are pics of what I am building – plans for this can be purchased here.
Collapses for storage:
Ready for engine:
What I was working on – before:
This is the manual transmission hump patch I need to get installed before it get’s warm outside!
Also assembled my engine cart in preparing for the new 496 Stroker I should be getting in the next week or two.
Still have some metal to cut to size before doing much more with the Engine Run Stand:
To took me a while to settle on the cutoff wheel for cutting the 1/8″ metal to size – it takes a while to cut!
Love my x-mas present – I can listen to my music while tuning all other noise out while working:
Still have some more metal to cut!
I had some remaining work from the floor patch panel from last summer. I had to get the old brake bracket off the old floor – will need to weld it to the new floor later.
Here is the bracket on the old floor:
I started by drilling out the spot welds I could find:
Then I used a body saw to cut it out with the old floor metal still on it:
Then I used my vice to hold it while I worked on getting the old metal off of it:
This body seam buster came in real handy:
You can see some of the spot welds I had missed:
Used my grinder to smooth the old spot welds down: Will put this in the blast cabinet and prime it before welding to the new floor.