Other side done – just have the edges to do. Hope to have the inside rear cleaned and scuffed by the end of this weekend.
After removing the seam sealer and glue with the heat gun, I spent the rest of the night scrubbing the remaining gunk with Lacquer Thinner. Pleased with the results!
Still have the other side to do tomorrow:
Worked on removing the seam sealer and glue from the rear fender wells:
Before with insulation:
Before with insulation removed:
After – 1st pass:
It was warm enough to take the rear end outside to clean this weekend:
After cleaning, I inspected the rear-end and found a couple potential problem areas. I asked about them in this thread on NastyZ28.com and it shouldn’t be a show stopper, so I can continue with the rear-end rebuild.
I also played around with getting TV streamed to my iPad in the garage while I worked this weekend.
After removing the seam sealer:
Main goal is to get the shell primed and bottom floor & firewall painted before it gets too cold again. Then work on the suspension.
Continued working on the inside of the shell. Today was scuffing the inside roof to get it ready for priming this Spring as soon as it is warm enough. Used these pads and something called scuff-it.
After scuffing: Arms are sore today – going to watch some NASCAR!