This is what I am thinking on how to set up the ventilator… I will have a filter at each end of the hose and support the host after it leaves the garage. I will also divide the garage in half and place a plastic sheet down the middle of the garage to try to keep fumes in the back half and let the ventilator handle the fumes.
Focused on cleaning and sanding the rockers today – today’s progress (might still have a couple of areas to touch-up):
Bought a used Harbor Freight Ventilator from e-bay and also a couple of ducts. I plan on taking next week off from work to try to get the car primed on the 5th. Will use this to remove the fumes from the garage adding some filters to both ends. Getting the ducts stretched out before setting it up. I will place a duct at each end of the ventilator and place the duct out of a window with a cardboard frame.
Documenting the process of mounting my 73 Camaro on my Northern Tool Crank Rotisserie. I am doing something different this time in trying to better adjust the center of gravity. There were several rotisseries to choose from, but Northern Tool gave me free shipping and the rotisserie was already painted, so I went with that unit. When I had it balanced at first, then the cranking got harder as the car turned sideways, so this is my attempt to improve that.
The front jack stands are placed under the firewall on both sides. The height is dictated by the height of the jack and jack stands to the highest possible position:
The rear jack stands are under the rear frame rails on both sides:
All four jack stands:
The rotisserie arms are bolted to the sub frame mounts using the bolts from the sub frame:
There is a cage nut inside that the bolts are fastened to:
Rear shackle brackets are from accessible systems and there is a bushing inside the rear leaf spring mounting point:
Pic of rear end:
I also tried to center the mounting ends so the car is centered to the rotisserie:
Same with the front:
Now to adjust the mounting points on the side closest to the car which adjusts the center of gravity:
and the back:
I jacked the car up using the rotisserie, added some bricks and boards under the jack stands and lowered the car on the higher jack stands to release the weight on the rotisserie. Now this requires a second pair of hands as I held the arm attached to the car while my buddy adjusted the rotisserie jack to the next set of holes which improved the center of gravity:
Rotation is much easier now:
For reference for the better center of gravity:
Painted the rear shackle brackets I got from Accessible Systems for my rotisserie from Northern Tool…
(3 coats of Zero-Rust)
Will be mounting the Camaro back on the rotisserie next.
Got the inside floors sanded last weekend:
The interior is now pretty much done in terms of sanding. Hope to prime around the 4th.
Finally able to get back out to work on the car tonight. Tied puppy in back yard and did a little more sanding… Before:
Hope to be able to prime early July.