I found a very nice original center console. I had a reproduction console I was going to use, but prefer the original ones as they are a better quality – there are a couple spots that will need restoring. Click the images to cycle through the pictures:
Located a nice grill for the rear defroster (click image to cycle through the images):
Been busy getting things at home ready for winter – still have some leaves to rake, then hope to get back out to the garage to work on the Camaro within the next few weeks \ month.
Bought a working a/c housing (click image to cycle) – I am going with the stock a/c rather than an after market a/c system because the stock a/c uses outside air and I believe to be better than the after market systems.:
Also a New Old Stock (nos) ac-evaporator (click image to cycle):
And a nos rear window defogger case, fan, and motor (all nos) – I decided to buy this after finding a nos switch to place on my bezel. I wanted the switch rather than the closed hole in the bezel, so I had to find the defogger to go with it!:
and last but not least, a nos headlight switch:
Finally got the car primed in Epoxy primer. 2 coats inside, 3 outside. Click the image to cycle through the pictures. I was worried with the primer when I saw that some had leaked out and gelled. All turned out just fine.
I also worked on the bezel. Got a New Old Stock washer switch unique to this bezel (1973) and installed it along with the light switch.
To get the light switch removed and installed, there is a screw you need to press and then remove the handle.
After applying the picklex and allowing it to dry, there was some chalky residue left over in spots. I gently scuffed it away after asking the vendor, then tacked it off to be ready to prime. (Click image for slideshow).
It has been a while since I last updated my progress. Will make several updates today. First, I used por-patch on both sides of my patch panel (click image to cycle through the pictures). This comes in a tube and I ran a bead along the welded area, then used an acid brush to smooth it out. This sealed and pin holes that might be left over from welding.