Only had a couple of hours tonight to work on the garage. Got a couple sheets of drywall cut and hung:
Tomorrow I will hang the remainder of the drywall on the back half of the garage before moving stuff from the front of the garage to the back so I can begin working on the front of the garage.
After work, I cut some insulation and hung it from the walls. Also covered with plastic:
Have an appointment after work today, but by the end-of-the-day tomorrow, should have drywall on these two sections of the walls. Not sure how much will get done on Tue.
Made some progress:
Pretty much half of the garage is done. My help has left, so the rest is mostly up to me to finish myself. We did decide to install an air conditioner in the garage. Will post more as I work on it.
Wednesdays Progress – Got some drywall on the walls.
Tuesday – Got insulation and plastic done. Also an old window replaced with a new one:
Borrowed a friend’s drywall-lift which is making the job so much easier! Also used it to lift the heater up to the roof so we could mount it! Also got some insulating done and plastic up to cover the insulation. Have to move things from one spot to the next because I have so much in my garage!!!
Sunday – measured and re-measured to get the position of the boards correct to angle the heater ‘just-right’! Wanted the heater to go from one corner to the opposite corner.
This is the part I have that attaches to an engine hoist:
This is how I have it set up in my garage to paint:
After cleaning with a Wax & Tar remover, sanding, and re-cleaning… today I put the first of two coats of primer. Had an issue with my regulator and got a few runs that I now have to sand before adding the second coat of primer. Those are broom handles they are standing on!
They finally came to patch the front road where they dug for the sewer!
Also check out how the new grass is coming along!
Took the afternoon off on Thursday to paint the new garage side access door. Also primed and painted the door frame. The door is white to match the trim.