Sprayed 3 coats of primer on the donor floor pan I will be using to test spraying the undercoating. Also re-hit a few hard-to-reach spots on the floor that needed to be sprayed before undercoating. Also sprayed the last area of the trunk inside. Still need to spray the clear on it tomorrow.
Scuffed and cleaned the passenger side trunk quarter – ready to touch-up tomorrow:
also pulled out what was left over from my floor patching to eventually use as a test for my undercoating:
I drilled a couple of holes which I will be using ear plugs when undercoating. Need to be able to verify I can remove them after undercoating:
Stripped down to bare metal – Beer-30!
Painted the inside of the front sub-frame using Eastwood Internal Coating – had to cover existing holes with tape:
After spraying the first coat, I realized the extension hose was curling up on itself too much – attempt #1 to straighten it out:Then I decided to use a metal clothes hangar which worked wonders! Used a lot less paint and was much more efficient! I ended up spraying 2 coats waiting 24 hours between coats: ALso re-sprayed the drivers inside trunk – much better! Used Clean over it – just had to touch-up a couple spots after scuffing and cleaning. Still need to do the other side.